Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

Revenge by C.A. Harms

Title: Revenge
Series: Phoenix Undercover #3
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: June 7, 2016
Cover Photographer: Sara Eirew Photographer
Cover Designer: Wicked By Design
Living in fear was what they were all doing. 

It was no longer just the life of the woman he loved that was in danger, but also the life of their unborn child. The undercover case Josh led was now threatening to take away his true happiness. And he must find a way to keep his family safe from the hands of evil. 
Knowing that the devil is lurking in the darkness, Josh is left with no way to secure their safety. His fear is taking over. 
Soon Leo would finally get the chance to make them pay for ruining his life. 
His revenge was coming, and there was no one who could stop it. 
The devil is near and Gabby is his target…. 
And he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. 
The count down has begun. 
There’s nowhere to hide. 
They will all pay.

“This ending is dark and gritty and packed full of action and emotion taking you on an amazing ride you won't want to get off.” - Reader Review
“What a Fan-f*cking-Tasic way to end my favorite CA Harms series” - Reader Review
“It is an intense, emotional and a fierce love story…” - Reader Review
Prologue
“You can run Gabby, but I’ll find you.” He laughed with a sadistic cackle. A chilling fear rang clear as his laughter echoed off the trees. “There is nowhere to hide. No one to save you. You are mine now.” 
My feet ached as the branches broke beneath my bare feet. The darkness of the night left me with minimal clarity. It was scary being alone in the darkness, unaware of my surroundings and what may be lurking ahead. But hesitation only meant Leo may reach me; that was much scarier than any other danger ahead. 
“Gabriella.” Once again his voice rang out through the woods. 
I had no idea where we were, or how far from the city he had taken me, but I couldn’t think about that. I had to find a way back. I had to find help.  
“I’m coming for you.” A sick feeling filled my stomach as his voice sounded closer than only seconds ago. 
Something sharp cut into my foot and I gasped as I fell forward, catching myself against a tree. I reached down to pull out the sharp object that was now embedded in the heel of my foot. The blood oozed and a burning sensation made me wince as I dropped the shard of glass to the ground. A broken bottle of some kind. 
“I thought we were becoming friends. You were beginning to understand what I needed from you, and I was just starting to reconsider selling you. In fact, I even thought about keeping you all for myself,” Leo hollered. 
I hid behind a tree as I looked from side to side, hoping for some sign of where he was. I was turned around at this point and no longer knew which way I should run. 
“But you deceived me, just as your sister did. I don’t forgive easily, Gabriella. I think once we reunite you may have to give me a reason to reconsider.”  
The hidden meaning of his words terrified me. Chills ran through me as I thought about his hands on me. I cringed, remembering the way he had attempted to touch me only moments ago. There was no way I could take more. 
Thunder rumbled overhead and I jumped in surprise. A storm was approaching and I knew it would only make my escape that much harder. 
“Game’s over.” I jerked forward, trying to get away when Leo’s voice whispered in my ear. “It’s time for you to understand and accept who you belong to.” He gripped my arm as he stepped around to my side and circled his other hand around my throat. 
His grasp on my throat tightened as he leaned in closer, within inches of my face.
Rain began to fall and he smiled as he tilted his head back and allowed it to hit his face. 
His laughter broke free and I could feel the tears fill my eyes. 
I closed my eyes and pictured Josh’s smile. Memories of the day we brought our son into the world together filled my mind. That was a happy day. And if I was going to die tonight, it was the vision I wanted to be my last.
C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.


 
HOSTED BY:

5 Stars
The conclusion to the series is nothing short of intense. Months of fear and uncertainty have strained everyone to the max and as Gabby gets closer to the end of her pregnancy all that stress is definitely not making things any easier for her. Meanwhile Leo is taunting them more and more.
Josh is determined to get Leo, but as time goes by with each new lead it becomes more clear than ever that unless he wants to be found it'll be nearly impossible to find him.
Mistakes. Will one mistake take everything away that Josh holds dear or will one mistake finally bring Leo's rein of terror to an end?
Gabby and Josh have gone through so much. We've seen them both grow whether they are apart or together. Determination is what keeps them both going and I love seeing how they both always push through it all to find their way back to each other.
This ending is dark and gritty and packed full of action and emotion taking you on an amazing ride you won't want to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment