Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Legend: Set in Stone #1 by Kylie Stewart

Title: Legend: Set in Stone #1
Author: Kylie Stewart
Genre: Historical Adventure Romance
Publisher: TKC Publishing
Release Date:  February 19, 2017
Life as she knew it ended…
When Alexandria York is commissioned to create a great statue for the Duke of Avalon, she quickly becomes a rising star in the London art scene. As chemistry grows between them, Alexandria must decide if she will settle for the man she can have or the man she once loved.
In this life, his heart is the stone and her love is the sword…
The Duke of Avalon has chased his love through the centuries and every time she has jilted him. Tormented by a thousand-year-old curse, Avalon seeks to keep his secret safe while vowing to win Alexandria York. Can he win Alexandria’s trust and protect her from the man after her life?
About Legend the Series
The Legendary King Arthur is cursed to walk the earth alone for a thousand years, only to be thwarted in every attempt to break the bonds that only true love can heal. The key to his freedom is the very woman who jilted him—his queen.
Reborn again and again, without any knowledge of her royal past, Alexandria York is now the only woman who can save the King from his terrible fate.
Her humble life as a sculptor will change forever when she meets the man so desperately in need of her love and acceptance. When an old flame starts to spark again, Alexandria must make a choice between the man she once loved and the man she could learn to love.
The story of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table takes a modern turn, filled with adventure, love, and betrayal.

He continued. “And what have you done? You moved on. Now, he’s come back, and he shows the slightest interest. Are you going to run to him again?”
Those words echoed from the last time I dreamed of Arthur. He had asked me the same thing. A fear shone in Avalon’s eyes that I never quite understood. It always showed when things between us grew desperate.
“I’ll hear him out; I’ll listen to what he has to say. I trust him. You raised a good man, Avalon.” I reached up to touch his face. Why? I didn’t know.
At my touch, his anger vanished. I watched the fear, anxiety, and rage dissipate. His entire body relaxed from coiled muscle to slack. His eyes blinked fast as my thumb stroked over the scar on his cheek.
“Alexandria, please stop. Please, just leave me alone.” His voice cracked and was thick with emotion. So the man did have feelings.
“What are you so afraid of, Avalon?” My voice was gentle, trying to soothe the beast within him.
His breathing grew uneven; his hands gripped my waist tightly. He was trembling. I tilted my head, begging him to let me in. His defenses were weakening. Between my attacks on him, earlier and now, I had struck a nerve.
“I’m warning you, Ms. York.” He swallowed thickly. “Get out.”
“No. Not until I know what has you so afraid to feel.” I let fingertips dance over the bridge of his nose. My pulse racing, I dared to trace his lips. That age-old question harassed me.
What does he taste like?
Avalon’s hands slid up my back, and one wrapped around the back of my neck. I froze. His eyes were hooded, and he was devouring me with his gaze. Our bodies hummed with electricity as he held me against him.
“Please forgive me,” he said.
His head moved lower until our noses brushed, and I smelled the hint of whiskey and mint on his breath.
“F-for what?” My voice could barely be heard.
His lips brushed mine like a whisper, and then his mouth crashed against mine. I didn’t know what to do at first. Avalon was kissing me. And oh, my God, could he kiss. It was deep, long, sensual, and soft. He dominated, possessed, and demanded more.
Hands cupped my face, stroking my cheeks and caressing the way I longed to be kissed for so long. Parting my lips, I gave him entry, and his hot tongue dove into my mouth, seeking mine. We battled, warred. My hands gripped at his shirt, struggling to stay afloat. I was drowning. I heard a low moan rip through his chest, and my mind exploded.
This man poured so much into that kiss; I was dizzy trying to understand it all. I pressed back, begging to know more. All too soon, his body tensed again, and he pulled away from me. It was all too sudden. I was left panting, stunned he’d had the balls to do such a thing after everything we’d been through. Gray eyes gazed longingly into mine.
“Now that, Ms. York, was a moment.” His thumbs caressed along my cheeks. “And it is one I shall keep.”
Avalon stepped back, running a hand through my hair. Breathing hard, my lips parted and my heart burst with a strange calm. He walked swiftly out of the room, his hand covering his mouth.
The urge to call to him threatened. The gravity of what had just happened hammered home. He had kissed me, and I had kissed him back. Worst of all, he had left me. He’d left me wanting more.
Kylie Stewart has been writing short stories and books all her life. A native of Hammond, New York, Kylie grew up on the St. Lawrence River dreaming of big things. She has a Master’s of Science in Equine Business from Middle Tennessee State University, which is why there are so many horses in her books. After working in the Kentucky Race Horse Industry, she moved back to Tennessee to pursue writing, audio book narrating, and voice acting. She is a huge nerd and big into anime as well as the cosplay community.
Kylie was influenced by her Scottish heritage to become an independent British history buff. She has a small library dedicated to Tudor history and is lover of the Arthurian legends. She also has an intense love of the supernatural, theological, paranormal, and mythological worlds. Kylie lives in Dallas, TX with her husband and fellow voice actor Eric Rolon, and their two cats, Asuka and Haru.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment