Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Reborn by S. L. Stacy Review and Author Interview

Synopsis

Back in high school, Siobhan Elliot’s life was simple: Cheerleading, friends, and parties. But that all changed the night she and her friends investigated a mysterious light in the woods. There they found an injured man–an irresistible man with hypnotic blue eyes and magnificent black wings. A man Siobhan recognized. He was the handsome dark angel from her dreams. And with one touch of his hand, he left her with a special gift: a set of mythical wings that would change her life forever. Then he disappeared without a trace. Siobhan thought she would never see him again.

Now, six years later, her dark angel reappears –this time as a teaching assistant at her college. He calls himself Jasper. He challenges everything Siobhan thought she knew about herself and her world. And he’s come back for only one thing: her.

Or so he says. Siobhan is about to find out that nothing is what it seems in this strange, new world

Our 4 Star Review

Siobhan's life changed 6 years ago when she met the "Dark Angel" from her dreams in the woods and he gave her wings, before he dies. Now in college, jugling school work and her sorority duties she sees TA Jasper, but he's also her mysterious, Dark Angel. This is her story of trying to figure this out and tell fact from myth.

Interesting read with a modern twist on the Greek Gods. I enjoyed the history lesson's thrown in with the story as you try to figure out who's who and what their motives are. Seeing Siobhan's strugles between what is right and what is easy and all the twists leave you guessing what will happen next. This was a begining novel a it had some action, but it was also allot of setting you up for future novels. Excited for more from this series.

Author Interview

Q:How many book are you thinking for the Reborn Series?

A:For Siobhan's story, I'm thinking a trilogy. But I have ideas for other books in the same world focusing on some of the other characters you're introduced to in Reborn.

Q:Do you have a hopeful timetable of when the next one will come out?

A:The sequel will be called Relapse and will most likely come out in fall 2014.

Q:Why Greek Myths?

A:I've always loved Greek mythology. I also thought college Greek life and Greek mythology would be a fun combination to explore in a book.

Q:What inspiried you to write Reborn?

A:I wish I could say there was a defining moment that inspired Reborn, but there wasn't any one thing. I wanted to write about manipulation. (Haha, that probably sounds weird, right?) Basically I'm obsessed with the idea of otherwordly beings interfering in our world, sometimes without us even realizing it. Many writers have done this well with Irish folklore and the Fae-Karen Marie Moning has, and she's one of my favorite authors. Another example I like to use is Jareth's character in Labyrinth. He meddles but also has this elusive quality. My vision for this series is to have layers of characters manipulating each other in various ways. It's hard to tell who the "bad guys" really are.

Q:What book are you reading now?

A:The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

Q:Do you do an outline before writing your books or just go with the flow?

A:I start out going with the flow, but eventually I have to make an outline. I like sprinkling in so many hints up to big reveals, which would be really hard to do without an outline.

Q:Do you ever feel as though you are one of the charatcers you're writing?

A:I like writing in first person, so I really have to get inside her head, so I really have to get inside her head, so I guess to some extent, yes.

S. L. Stacy Blog

S.L. Stacy Fan Page on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment