Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Obsession by Shantel Tessier

Title: Obsession
Series: Seven Deadly Sins #2
Author: Shantel Tessier
Genre: Romantic Suspense Standalone
Release: July 26, 2016
I have lost those who I have loved. 
I have bled for those I hate. I have lied to those who are honest. What am I? You're a sinner dressed in white. You’re a ghost in the night. You're the demons that I fight. Who are you? Both of us were sinners. She was hell-bent on revenge, and I was determined to let her have it. She was a beautiful sin that alone would be my damnation. And for her, I was willing to dig my own grave. She took what little pride I had left and made me look like a fool. I lusted for a taste of her darkness, for it was the same color as mine. I envied the way she was able to say no, as if she really meant it. I will endure the wrath of having her no matter the cost of my greed. But I have always been a glutton for punishment without any propensity of sloth. She became my obsession and like any other drug, she took all the pain away but brought me to a new level of low. Too bad falling in love with her brought on a different kind of hell that I wasn’t sure we would live through. We were both running from a past that was going to tear apart out future. What I thought was going to be a beautiful beginning turned out to be a torturous end.
I take another step closer to her, closing what little space there was left between us. Uncrossing my arms, I reach out and grab a handful of her brown hair and yank her head back, “What the …?” She cries out wide-eyed.
I lower my head down to hers and her eyes search my face. The smell of something sweet hits my nose and I inhale sharply. Her eyes wide and breathing heavy. What will he do to me? Is what is running through her mind right now. “Do you want me to attack you like the man downstairs did, or are you gonna point it at me?” I demand keeping my voice even. How stupid she was to let me see her up to her apartment. She’s too trusting. All I had to do was mention Tiffany and she forgot everything else. Even her own safety. This woman needs me.
She gasps and her green eyes harden as her nostrils flare. “Let go of me.” She growls, trying to pull her hair free of my fist. I take a quick look at the gun, she still has it pointed away from me. It’s not gonna happen. She’s only gonna hurt herself.
“Make me.” I say with a smirk. Let’s see what she has to work with. Let me see how well she can fight her way out of a life or death situation. Because I have a feeling that her friend didn’t have a chance. But then again not many women do. The ones who do, are just pure lucky.
She lets out of huff and then lifts her knee. I let go of her hair and I fall to the floor like a boulder falling off a cliff. Bent over and unable to breathe I feel as if I am about to puke on her living room floor.
She kneed me in the balls.
Shantel is a Texas born girl who now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with her high school sweetheart, who is a wonderful, supportive husband and their six year old little princess. She loves to spend time cuddled up on the couch with a good book She has published five books in the Undescribable series and 2 books in the DASH series. She considers herself extremely lucky to get to be a stay at home wife and mother. Going to concerts and the movies are just a few of her favorite things to do. She hates coffee, but loves wine. She and her husband are both huge football fans, college and NFL. And she has to feed her high heel addiction by shopping for shoes weekly.  Although she has a passion to write, her family is most important to her. She loves spending evenings at home with her husband and daughter, along with their two cats and dog.
HOSTED BY:

REVIEW 4.5 STARS

We met Brecken in book one, Addiction.
Within that story we found that he was loyal to Case, loyal to the club. We only got a side of him that was that of a heartbroken man, just moving through life. No hope of loving, finding that one that made his heart beat just a little faster when she was near. He was happy with the life he led, quick woman and and even quicker exit once he got what he wanted.
After the hell Rachel had put him and Case through not to mention Taylor, he was even more scorned than before.
But in Obsession we get to see Brecken in a new light.
Yes he is dominate as always. Hard headed and set in his ways but there is that protective nature that ignites when Skye walks in to the club begging for answers. 
She just needed his help.
It should have been something simple, show her the club footage and be done with it.
Only Brecken couldn't let her just run out and forget.
She became the one he needed to protect, he had too.
The desire between the two was hot, and it only got hotter.
But the twists and turns kept you needing more and the intensity grew as you flipped the pages wondering, needing to know what would happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment