Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Black Rain by Jettie Woodruff




This is a story about me, about who I am, about how I got to be me, and about the people who helped mold me in to Makayla Carlie. 
There comes a time when life’s disappointments start to add up. When you can’t cry one more tear. When you can’t feel that surge of panic one more time, or when you can’t pray for one more day. You wonder, are we humans having a spiritual experience, or are we spirits having a human experience? What does it all mean? Do we all have a purpose? People said I was a hero—that I could persevere through anything I put my mind to. How could I be a hero when I never got a choice? Nobody asked me. 
I did what I hope anyone reading this would do. While one life was taken too soon, another needed to live, really live. She needed to be the center of somebody’s universe. I was that universe. Just like the Pea under the mattress, I felt her. 



4.5 Stars

Okay. I'll be the first to admit that this was my first Jettie Woodruff read.

London AKA 'Pea' This little one would charm the coldest soul. I fell in love with her almost instantly.
Blake...he took a bit for me to warm up to. At times I wanted to strangle the smug A... but
that changed when he dropped the cold act and his true colors began to shine.

Makayla (Mikki)
She hasn't had things easy. In fact the pain she has faced in her young years is heartbreaking. But this girl, she is tough. She doesn't hide away, she doesn't look for pity...she fights.

So imagine getting the worst news possible, a heart-stopping devastation.
Now imagine that being followed-up with the idea of having no one left in the world but yourself.
That is the turmoil of Mikki's existence... until she runs in to Blake.
The next thing you know she is living in a luxurious Resort, caring for his daughter...falling in love with his daughter, Pea.

Without giving to much away let me just say this, I was glad I gave this one a shot.
It had suspense, angst, love and left me waiting more. I had to know where they went next.

Oh and the ending well played Jettie, now I am on the edge of my seat...WHAT!!!
That can't be happening!

(Reviewed by Crystal)

No comments:

Post a Comment