Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Daring Assignment by Victoria Bright





Title:The Daring Assignment
Author: Victoria Bright
Genre: Erotica Romance
Release Date: September 30th, 2014
20140527-091443-33283904.jpg

________________________________________

Cover Jacket:



Synopsis:


I didn’t mean to hurt anyone, especially him…
I was living the dream. I had a great career as a romance author, a successful boyfriend, and am the daughter to a New York power couple. With my standing, my family groomed me to be perfect. Despite having it all, something was missing in my life. In an attempt to break away from my privileged, suffocating life, I was in pursuit of finding my own path to happiness. After my literary agent gave me a risky writing assignment, I set out to write a best-seller that took me completely out of my comfort zone and into the arms of another man. He was only supposed to be a research toy, falling in love wasn’t a part of the plan. As I become tangled into a huge web of lies, I quickly find out that I have a life changing decision to make. Do I choose to continue living a life of comfort, stability, and misery or do I take a chance on the unknown to preserve my happiness?

________________________________________

Teaser:





________________________________________

Excerpt:

“Arianna, these four years with you have been the best years…” I stopped listening the moment he started off with that lie. He’d told me plenty of times that he resented me, hated me, wished he could find a way out and everything else that involved expressing his displeasure of being with me. I didn’t know why he was putting on a show for all of these people, but it was about to be shut down very quickly if he didn’t get it together. “I can’t see myself with anyone else but you…” Yeah, sure. Tell that to your mistress. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you…” You want to spend the rest of your life with your money, not me. “You’re the only one for me. So, Arianna Donatelli,” he said, getting down on one knee before me. My eyes widened as I tried to stop him. “Julius what are you doing?” I asked through clenched teeth, urging him to stand back up. This idiot couldn’t be serious. After everything we’ve been through these last few months, he was really about to ask me to marry him and expect me to say yes? Then it dawned on me. He chose to do it at the party because he felt that he’d have a higher chance of not being rejected if both of our friends and family were here. “Will you do me the honor and be my wife? Will you marry me?” he asked, opening a small box with a large diamond ring in it. Gasps and murmurs were heard around the room for a few moments before it fell eerily silent. My father’s words, “You have to make a choice”, swam around in my head. The moment that I dreaded had now approached. This is where I had to make a life changing decision. If I accepted, my future would be secure, but I’d be miserable. I glanced around the room. My mother looked as if she was holding her breath while tightly holding on to my father’s arm. My father gave me a stern look from across the room, as if to warn me about making the wrong decision. I glanced to my side and saw that Zane was standing in the far corner looking directly at me. His face held no emotion, as if he didn’t care what choice I made. I turned back to Julius. If I said no, I would just lose everything else that I had. I had already lost the one thing that mattered, so what was the point of fighting against my parents? If this was what they wanted, I guess I had no choice but to comply. I had already lost the only person who made me happy, so would it really be worth the wrath of my family at this point?"

About Victoria Bright:


Victoria Bright is from a small town in North Carolina and currently resides in Greenville, South Carolina. Victoria has been writing since she was in the eighth grade, starting with small short stories. As her classmates began showing interest in her work, she began to write longer stories, filling multiple spiral notebooks with her thoughts. During her freshman year in high school, her English teacher encouraged her to enter a writing contest in which she won local, region and state levels. She has entered many writing contests since and have won a few. Figuring out she had a passion to share stories with anyone who would listen, she set out to write her first book Love Unbroken. Victoria is very versatile in the genre of books she likes to read. Her book choice mostly varies on her mood, but she is particularly interested in crime stories, romance, teen fiction, sci-fi, and is now venturing a little in paranormal fiction. As for her own writing, she doesn't really put it into a category or genre. She just writes whatever is on her mind and lets it create itself!

:::Connect with the Author:::

Facebook/Website/Twitter


Love Unbroken: Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Love-Unbroken-Victoria-Bright/dp/1490413553/ref=la_B00J6676TC_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411827976&sr=1-1


Love Reborn: Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Love-Reborn-Victoria-Bright/dp/1500616710/ref=la_B00J6676TC_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411827976&sr=1-2

Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment