Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Amanda Mackey - Your Heart to Keep

Contemporary Romance
Date Published: April 30, 2015

We don’t choose fate. It chooses us. Or so we are led to believe. 

Holly Jenkins is about to receive a new heart, thanks to a donor match from accident victim, Chloe McQuade.
The victim’s boyfriend, Bad boy Jax, is angry and grieving for his lost love. He hates everything and everyone, including Holly. It isn’t until he meets her that he realizes there is something about her he 
can’t explain. 
Could it be the beating heart of his dead girlfriend - the very one he owned, that calls to him? 
Is the intense pull towards Jax coming from Holly’s own emotions or are they Chloe’s? And why is she suddenly craving things she never did before? 
How do they decide what’s real and what’s not? 

Is fate at play or is it something more? 




I was born in NZ and raised in Australia where I’ve been living most of my life. My love of books came at an early age, introduced to me by my wonderful mother. I’ve always been an avid reader and writing became an extension of that. My favorite genres are paranormal, romance, erotica and some crime. I adore animals and I’m currently sponsoring a Malaysian Tiger through WWF. Cats in general, whether they be small house cats or larger wild tigers and lions are my favorites. I’d love to travel to Italy and Europe as well as Africa, Tibet and Nepal. 


Purchase Link




3.5 Stars

Holly suffers with a disease that has compromised her eyesight and the functionality of her heart.
Chloe dies suddenly and unexpectedly. Being a donor Holly receives her heart. 

Jax has a hard time with the loss of his love. Chole was taken from him so suddenly and the idea of her heart being given to someone else to live on was a hard thing for him to accept.
At times the guy was a total ass, and even his friend Micah laid it on the line, telling him he was being a total ass. ( BTW I really liked that guy, he was a straight forward kinda guy. Letting his friend know just how big of a jerk he was being)

The concept and idea seemed liked one that I would truly be intrigued by. 
I just felt at times it fell flat. At times it drub on and I lacked that connection I was truly hoping for.

The ending was Satisfactory. Yet the fact that Jax moved on so quickly was a little heartbreaking considering he loved Chole so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment