Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Taking Connor by B.N. Toler

                               


There’s a stereotype for how a convicted felon appears to the public. 

Connor Stevens fit that bill. 

His reputation preceded him. With a hard body and vivid tattoos dispersed across his flesh, he certainly drew the judgmental eyes of conservative tight-asses. Even I had those same thoughts…regardless of how highly Blake spoke of him. 

But those opinions were about to be challenged. 

I’d promised to pick Connor up from prison—where he’d served eight years for manslaughter. When Blake passed away, I had every intention of honoring our agreement. Taking Connor home would be my ultimate show of gratitude. Blake never disclosed why Connor killed a man, and I never had the guts to ask. Ever daunted, and against my better judgment, I soon grew to feel close to Connor, in spite of how perverse it was. Still, I vowed to brush off those feelings at all costs. 

At least I thought I would. Until all hell broke loose… 

Diving head-first, I relished in the time spent in Connor’s damnation. But when he was thrust into hell, it didn’t matter how wrong it was to love him. It was immaterial what he’d done…or why. I came out swinging and clawing, and submerged into the inferno with him, refusing to leave until we both walked out hand in hand. My instinct was to fight. 

Connor wouldn’t burn alone. 

I would save him. 

Or turn to ash right beside him.


                        








5 STARS
Well I will once again confirm that B.N. Toler has the ability to make me get that WOW feeling. The one that has your throat burning with emotion as you are frantically flipping the pages because you have to know...
What happens next.
This was meant to be a leisure read, over a few days. Something to read slow in between the million things I already have going.
A relaxing, wind down at night sort of thing, after a day of crazy.
Wrong.
What this was, ended up being a book that took me a few hours to finish because I couldn't walk away.
I loved Connor, and to be honest I knew I would from the moment he found the things Blake had built for hi,. That moment when he caved just enough to let his feelings show. I may have fallen for him in that moment.
I found myself hopping throughout the entire book that he and Demi would end up together.
This book grabs you and holds on to all your emotions. It send you on a ride of ups and downs and at the end, you are wishing you could just start over again, because it was truly that great.
There were a few times when I found myself in need of a Kleenex and at one point I was gripping my kindle so tightly saying, NO!
Yes those moments where you want to forget what you just read, because your heart can't take it. But you push on and then you are so glad you did because the warm feelings come rushing back and you find that your tears are now those of happiness.
B.N. Toler has once again hooked me, held me close and left me wanting more.
Great Read and Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment