Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Desperately Seeking Epic by BN Toler

Title: Desperately Seeking Epic
Author: B N Toler
Release Date: March 23, 2016
Find on Goodreads
Paul James loved Clara Bateman.
Hating her would have been easier.
She was the past, and he was hell-bent on keeping her there.
Or so he thought...

Craigslist Ad: DESPERATELY SEEKING EPIC

You’re my father.
I don’t know much about you. I know your name is Paul James, you’re a thrill seeker, and once upon a time you did stunts and people called you ‘Epic.’
I’ve been told you don’t know about me. That it’s complicated.
But for me it’s simple.
Here’s the thing: I’m twelve years old…and I’m dying.
And as much as this could crush my mother, I have to meet you before I go.
In time, I’m sure she’ll understand. She’s still in love with you.
So, Epic, if you read this, please come back. You don’t have to be my dad. You don’t even have to tell me you love me or you’re sorry. Just come see me.

Patiently waiting, but running out of time,
Neena 

B N Toler lives in Virginia. When she's not reading and writing, she's thinking about reading and writing. Before she became a self-proclaimed writer, she worked as a real estate agent and as an orthodontic technician. **She will notice your teeth before your eyes or hair or anything.**

She enjoys shopping (way too much) and is on a first name basis with several employees at the local Target in her town.

She loves music,(bluegrass, country, 80's, actually she loves most music ~her favorite song is American Pie by Don McLean and she worships anything that is Elvis and Johnny Cash and Eric Church) dancing, (even though she sucks at it)reading, writing, eating (too much) sleeping late, (which she rarely gets to do) and laughing. If you can make her laugh, she will love you forever.

5 EPICALLY AMAZING STARS
Wow so where do I even start? With this one first of all is important to note that tissues nearby are a must throughout the entirety of this novel!
Paul left 13 years ago and never looked back, but one ad in Craigslist changed everything.
Clara tried everything she could think of and finally found a way to get Paul back into town.
Neena.... This girl gets into your heart quick and stays there!
What can I say that the synopsis didn't? Neena is determined to finally meet her father even if it might be the last thing she ever does.  What what follows is the story of Paul, Clara, and Neena. How the first two met and how they come together again all tied in with one amazing little girl.
The depth to the characters made it so easy to feel like you knew them and it made it all the easier to fall in love with them.
The story is totally heart breaking and you're right there living these events with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment