Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Never Too Late by Sloan Johnson

Title: Never Too Late
Series: Home in the Heartland #1
Author: Sloan Johnson
Genre: Adult, M/M Romance
Published: March 7, 2016
Dax: My life ended six years ago. No, really. I was dead on the side of the road following a gruesome motorcycle accident. From what I've been told, it's only because of one stubborn man that I have another chance to make something of my life. I no longer hate him for screwing up what I thought I wanted. I want to thank him. NEED to tell him what his actions mean to me.

Now, I’m headed back to the town I’ve never set foot in even though it’s a huge part of my life. I’m not thrilled about that, but the job offers haven’t exactly been flowing in. They’ll probably think I’m crazy, because there’s no way I won’t be able to look at every guy I walk past, wondering if he’s the one who saved me.

Michael: My entire life, I wanted to save lives. I’d earned a full-ride scholarship and had been accepted to med schools across the country. I was so close to making those dreams a reality until the night held a dying man in my arms. I’ve never been able to get the images of his lifeless body caked in mud out of my head. Even when the paramedics tried to take over trying to save him, I couldn’t let go. I never let go. Eventually, my guilt over not doing more cost me everything but my son. And now, I worry I’ll lose him if I don’t get it together.

I’ve often thought that if I could find him, maybe I could get some closure and finally get my life back on track. Now he’s here and I’m more of a mess than ever. Once the truth comes out, will he keep trying to save me or will he realize that it’s too late?


Sloan Johnson is a big city girl trapped in a country girl’s life. While she longs for the hustle and bustle of New York City or Las Vegas, she hasn’t yet figured out how to sit on the deck with her morning coffee, watching the deer and wild turkeys in the fields while surrounded by concrete and glass.

When she was three, her parents received their first call from the principal asking them to pick her up from school. Apparently, if you aren’t enrolled, you can’t attend classes, even in Kindergarten. The next week, she was in preschool and started plotting her first story soon after.

Later in life, her parents needed to do something to help their socially awkward, uncoordinated child come out of her shell and figured there was no better place than a bar on Wednesday nights. It’s a good thing they did because this is where she found her love of reading and writing. Who needs socialization when you can sit alone in your bedroom with a good book?

Now, Sloan is a tattooed mom with a mohawk and two kids. She’s been kicked out of the PTA in two school districts and is no longer asked to help with fundraisers because she’s been known to lose herself with a good book and forget she has somewhere to be.
Hosted By: 
 

4.5 Stars
Coming back to the town where he almost died was not something Dax had planned, but when it's the only place with a teaching position open he accepts it and moves there ready to start a new life. Finding a little boy lost in the hardware store sets in motion things that will change everything for him.
Michael just wants to figure out why his little boy is acting out and find a workable way to be a single dad after his wife's death.
Dax is trying to move forward with his life after mistakes he made in his past. He is a big teddy bear with a heart of gold. All he wants is to find his place in the world and be happy.
Michael is just trying to survive and figure out the best way to raise his son. He wants to do what is best for him but is also trying to find his own bit of happiness too.
The two meet and become fast friends, more comfortable around each other than should be possible in a short time. Soon it becomes more, but for Michael who's always been straight falling for a man is more than confusing. Can the two figure out a way to be together or will circumstances drive them apart?

This was a great story about finding love in unique places if only you can open your mind and heart to it. Loved the characters and their individual stories as well as seeing them come together and find happiness with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment