Pages

Friday, April 7, 2017

Oh, My Dragon by Lani Lynn Vale

Title: Oh, My Dragon Series: The I Like Big Dragon Series #3 Author: Lani Lynn Vale Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release: April 6, 2017
The reclusive Ian barely participates in life, only doing so when his powers demand that he use them or pay the consequences. It seems that there’s not a single person on this planet who doesn’t want something from him, but the pain and suffering of others is nearly unbearable at times, leaving him no choice but to act.
That is until Wink unwittingly walks into his life, completely unaware that she’s stepped straight into the dragon’s den.
Wink is just trying to get home after a long day of work. Her plans for the evening do not include stumbling upon a man with blood on his hands hovering over a dead woman in her hallway.
There are three things that someone in Wink’s position should’ve done in that instance.
1. Slowly back away from the hot, bearded killer and run the other way.
2. Call the cops.
3. Not come back until the scene was safe.
Instead, she stops, takes a picture—drawing the man’s attention to her—and then takes off at the speed of a fat, blind and possibly intoxicated penguin.
Ian tries to let her go, but the moment that she runs, every single one of his predatory instincts surge to the surface and the hunt is on. Ian always catches his prey, this time is no different. What is different is that, for the first time in his life, he is consumed with the need to keep his catch.
She sniffled, and I looked up sharply.
And to my horror, I saw the first tear slip down one cheek.
Another tear soon followed.
“You’re crying?” I asked in outrage.
I didn’t handle tears well.
There was something about them that had the power to undo me.
“You can ignore me,” she said. “It’s just hormones.”
“Hormones?” I asked.
“You know…hormones. It’s that time of the month. It just happens,” she said flippantly.
“So there’s no reason for the tears…you’re just doing it,” I observed.
She nodded.
“It happens. A lot. Sometimes I cry because I need to, like after I’ve seen a sad video on YouTube. Or sometimes I hear a song that I really like, and the beauty of it moves me to tears,” she explained.
“So you’re crying now, not because anything’s amiss, but because you’re a girl,” I said. “Do I have that correct?”
She shrugged, causing me to sigh.
“That means nothing to me. If you’re going to speak girl, you’re going to have to give me a cheat guide or something. I never had a single female in my life, besides my sister, and that was a very long time ago,” I told her.
She glared at me, the tears gone.
“You’re not very nice,” she observed.
I knew that.
I couldn’t help it, either.
“I was raised in an orphanage,” I said. “I have absolutely no tact. If you want hearts and flowers, you’re going to have trouble getting that from me.”
“Who says that I want that from you?” she challenged. “I’ve only known you for a very short period of time. Not even long enough to form a valid opinion of you or your character.”
I sighed.
“Did you look in a mirror yet?” I asked her.
She stiffened and squirmed.
“No,” she lied.
My brows rose.
“You didn’t?” I asked. “Not even a little bit?”
She was cute when she lied.
Her nose had a small upturn to it, meaning I knew exactly when she started to lie because a little crease would appear on the bridge of her nose as she concentrated on what to say.
“Fine,” she snarled. “What’d you do to me?”
I laughed.
“I have no fucking clue,” I said honestly. “Magic, I guess.”
She pursed her lips in disgust.
“Seriously?” she asked. “That’s all you’ve got? Magic?”
I shrugged.
“I don’t know what else to call it,” I told her.
“Prove it,” she challenged.
I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.
HOSTED BY:


I like big dragons and I cannot lie
4 Stars
Blythe works hard so that she can have a good life. Exhaustion is the norm for her.
Keifer is determined to make life as comfortable as he can for his people and adding a woman into his already full life makes things all the more interesting. 
Purists make life difficult and force everyone to adapt if they wanna survive.
The world created is pretty interesting although I would like to have a little bit more detail at times but overall I enjoyed it thoroughly. The main characters are full of life and it is very easy to picture them and how they are and act. The secondary characters were described nicely also and really added depth to the story.

Dragons need love, too
4 Stars 
Nikolai is determined to be patient with the lovely mate he's been given but oh what a hard thing that is to do!

Brooklyn is trying to understand everything that has happened to her and catch up to the fact that not only are dragon riders not the bad guys but that she is also mated to one.
Their story certainly gets off to a unique start and I enjoyed every minute of it!
Brooklyn is smart and fiesty and not afraid to tell it like it is. Nikolai is hard-headed at times but very patient and very caring though he tries to hide it.
These two had a few issues but in the end they found their balance with each other.
I enjoyed seeing the continuation of the storyline and seeing more of the characters and am excited to see what will happen in book three!

Oh, My dragon
4 Stars 
Initially I was surprised that Farrow wasn't getting his story thinking that it was likely that the three books that we're supposed to be in this series would be about the three brothers however Ian is a character I had always been very curious about and as soon as the book started I got into it right away.

Continuing on with the storyline that started in the previous two books and this one we get into the mind of the most mysterious member of this group Ian and we get to see him with his mate Wink.
Ian is a very strong character and although he seems unsure of his position he doesn't realize just how much others want him around.
Wink is feisty and wants to make sure that her voice is heard. She doesn't let anyone get away with their crap calling them out on it no matter who it is.
I enjoyed seeing more of the characters and the continuation of the storyline as this world has grown and expanded and can't wait to see more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment