Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Not Letting Go by RB Hilliard

Title: Not Letting Go
Series: MMG Series
Author: RB Hilliard
Genre: Romantic Suspense (can standalone)
DOWNLOAD FOR FREE APRIL 5-7
Piper O’Connell’s life is crumbling down around her. Broken and betrayed by the man she loves, she flees to the safety of North Carolina and the only people she can trust. When the man who hurt her comes knocking at her door, she is forced to face the fact that maybe she had it all wrong.
Gage Blackwell wants to know why the girl of his dreams walked away. Searching for the truth, he follows her to North Carolina where, instead of receiving the answers he so desperately seeks, he is drawn into an intricate web of secrets and lies. 
Will the truth bring Piper and Gage back together or will it destroy them and the ones they love, once and for all…
Wondering what angle he was playing, I hesitated. Sensing my momentary weakness, his arm shot out and hooked around my waist. He pulled me in and, for a second in time, I let myself forget. A shiver of desire danced down my spine and curled around my toes. I tilted my head back and was immediately trapped in his blue gaze. “You are mine, Piper. I knew this the second I laid eyes on you. You are it for me. I love you. I am hurt and confused, but I love you. Please… talk to me.” His words snapped me back to reality and I hated it. I knew that I would give anything in the world for his love…his real love, not the fake shit he kept dishing up. As much as it pained me to do so, I jerked out of his grasp and took a step back. His hurt expression made me angry. “I don’t know why you insist on playing me, Gage, but whatever,” I shrugged, acting as if it didn’t matter. “I told you this before and you didn’t believe me, but you need to. Dooley is not who you think he is and regardless of how things ended between us, I don’t want to see you get hurt. You can take it or leave it, but don’t say that I didn’t warn you.” “Princess, I can honestly say that I have no idea what you are babbling on about and until you tell me…in complete sentences…that make sense…I won’t.” His smug tone went all over me. I stepped in to where our bodies were almost touching, tilted my head back so I could look him in the eye and through clinched teeth let him have it. “I loved you with every fiber of my being and it was real and pure and true. I would have done anything for you…anything. Now? Now, I just wish I had never set eyes on you. You have caused me nothing but fucking misery and heartache.” Tears stung the backs of my eyes, but I held them. I wasn’t about to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. Instead, I opened my mouth and lied through my teeth. “You don’t have to pretend anymore, Cowboy. It’s time to let it go. I have.” What he said next gutted me. “You want me to let it go? You got it. I’m done wasting my time. Because that’s what you are, Piper, a waste of my fucking time. Have a nice life, bitch.”

RB Hilliard lives in Charlotte, North Carolina with her husband and two children. Her love of the written word led her to pursue a degree in English and later a career as an academic language therapist. In 2012 she took a break from teaching and began writing her first novel, His End Game. Hilliard has published five books in her MMG Series, as well as Utterly Forgettable, a romantic comedy and Fractured Beat, the first in her Meltdown Series.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment