Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bittersweet Revenge by JL Beck - Release Day



Bittersweet Revenge
by J.L. Beck
Series: Bittersweet, #1
Genre: Mature YA/New Adult - Novella
Publish Date: July 26, 2014




I’m a slut. Or at least that’s what everyone calls me. I guess that’s what you get when everyone thinks you've slept with the whole football team and then some.

My junior year of high school I gave my heart to Corey Winchester. He was handsome, cocky, and a pure gentlemen. Then everything changed in an instant. When I found out he was spreading malicious rumors about me, after I refused to sleep with him I was utterly surprised. To add to it, he broke up with me in front of the whole school. I essentially became the laughing stock of the town. People that I once called my friends became my enemies. Finding a way to ruin my life one day at a time.

Now the shitty part is I should have known a pretty boy like him was too good to be true. After ruining my reputation and life I did everything I could to stay under the radar, but it just wasn't enough. I slowly learned that all the torment, and hate was all for one thing. Revenge. That’s what Corey wanted, and why I didn't know. Then Rex Winchester came along. Corey’s cousin, and someone I knew I shouldn't be getting close with. A whole six feet of hotness, a smile that melted the panties off of every girl in a fifty mile radius, and a heart of gold. He could have anyone he wanted, so why he chose me Corey’s ex, the bullied, slutty girl was beyond me. All I knew was that I wanted him. I wanted him more than anything. The problem was, I couldn't tell if Rex, was just like Corey or if his intentions were as innocent as he was making them out to be.

My names Jenna Haines, and this is the story of how the one thing I wanted.. turned out to be the one thing that would hurt me the most. What happens when the one thing you least expect to happen, does? When all the lies and secrets come out. Well you're about find out.




Our eyes met from across the table. His looking as if they were asking for more, answers. He looked curious, and I wasn’t looking for curious. “Yeah mine too. Let’s go get a shake. FFA still does that shake Friday thing right?” I asked. I could really go for a mint chocolate-chip shake right about now. We got up to dump our trays, but before I could move out of my seat an arm snaked around my shoulder pushing me back down. I turned all but growling as I realized the arm belonged to the mongrel Corey. “Remove your fucking arm from my body before I show you what it’s like to have your balls stuffed up your ass.” He smiled, a big toothy grin, dimples and all that use to have me melting in his hands, now I just wanted to puke all over his face. Distress singles were going off like crazy in my head.

“Tsk, tsk, is that anyway to talk to me Jenna?” He said his arm very much still around me. I was about to lose my shit. “Move on asshole, no one cares what you have to say.” Mimi yelled.

He tilted his head at her as if trying to find her one weakness. The best thing about Mimi was anything that he said to her she would brush off. I however wouldn't.

“Hmm. Why don’t you stop worrying about me, and put your tits back in your shirt. That is unless you're joining the slut club that Jenna here is the president of?” Mimi smiled, leaning across the table, giving him a huge eyeful of her cleavage. “I think your lost buddy, president of the slut club is Marie Jameson.” She replied in a sultry tone pointing to the end of the table.

“But in case you can’t find her let me draw you a map with some crayons, you go past leave us the fuck alone, turn right at fuck off, and oh look you're in slut country.” His eyes dilated, and I couldn’t hold my laughter in. Mimi always knew how to tell someone to fuck off.

I pushed his arm off of me, catching a smirk on Rex’s face at the end of the table, knowing he had probably heard the whole conversation.

Corey gazed at me, following my line of vision to Rex. As soon as I seen I was caught I dropped my eyes down to my tray. The last thing I needed was Corey having yet another thing to use against me. His face leaned into mine, I could feel his hot breath on my cheek. The last time we were in a position like this was the very last time he kissed me. It was the last time, he ever treated me like anything other than a door mat.

“I won't warn you off, because you know what I’m capable of Jenna. But if you think you have a chance with Rex you’re more than fucking wrong. Don’t cross me, you know as much as I do you don’t fit in with that crowd. I mean look at us, how well did that work out. If you think I make your life hard now, lets just say it can get ten times harder.” He whispered in my ear, wrapping a small strand of my hair around his finger before standing.

“Also you might want to start fighting your own battles. Oh and nice tits Mimi.” He said loudly well smirking. My heart was racing, as he walked away. An encounter like that never happened before. School had been in session only a week and I knew that he would more than live up to his word on hurting me.

“What a fucking douche-asshat-fucking-cumsucker” Mimi said under her breath as he walked away. I couldn't agree more, but I wasn't going to keep retaliating against him. One he wasn't worth it really, and two I would be out of here in nine short months. If I could just manage to get through it.

Mimi reached across the table and grabbed my hand, pushing me from my thoughts. “Don’t let his false threats get to you. He will get what’s coming to him, he will pay for what he’s done to you. Maybe not today, or tomorrow but someday. I swear to it Jenna.” She said sincerely.

“You know I love you right. If I was into girls I would totally choose you as my girlfriend. No homo of course.” She giggled. “Sorry love, but I’m very much into dick. Like a lot.” I laughed back. This was true friendship right here. Now to get through the rest of the day without another encounter from either of the Winchester boys.




J.L. Beck is an up and coming new author. Her book Bittersweet Revenge will be releasing August 12th. She has always had a love for books and, since she could reach the books on a shelf, she has been reading. In her free time when she’s not talking to the voices in her head you can find her spending time with her husband Brandon and their two year old munchkin Bella. Some of her favorite things to do are read (of course), spend time outside, and catch up on all the angsty drama filled shows she misses during the week. She has a major addiction to social media and Starbucks coffee.





Book Partners In Crime Promotions


No comments:

Post a Comment