Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Arkadia by Dzintra Sullivan

Arkadia (Halfway House #1)
Arkadia 
by Dzintra Sullivan 

I am Arkadia Castner. I am beautiful. I am popular. I am also the most messed-up witch you will ever meet. I can’t make water boil, or make the wind blow; I can’t even light a match without the aid of a flint. My 18th birthday is in six months, and if I don’t pass the Paranormal Safety Exams (PSEs) by then, I will be banished to the Isle of Shadows for eternity, never to be seen again – it will be as though I never existed.

I found myself at the halfway house under the supervision and guidance of Den Mother and telepathic empath, Eloise Mayflower. The halfway house is the last chance for troubled paranormal teens like me to pass our PSEs and avoid banishment. Eloise knows everything I think and feel, and is supposed to be helping me, but I still can’t do basic spells a six-year-old can do. I hate it here, but I have no choice. This is my last chance.

I had all but given up hope, when in walks Bohdan Drak. Tall, dark, and so damn sexy it hurts to look at him – even his muscles had muscles. He is a dragon shifter and wears the mark of having passed his PSEs. When our souls meet, we realize we have found our soul mates and perfect matches. My dying hope has found life again, and I finally have a reason to look forward to a future.

I thought everything would be fine, but darkness and despair creep into my future. I have been framed for a murder, and everyone believes I am guilty. The paranormal council now watches my every move. Can I trust Bohdan and true love? I fear my destiny is to be banished forever …


Amazon / Goodreads

4 Stars

This story takes you into the world of a teen witch trying to learn enough magic to pass her exams so she isn't deemed a risk and forced to go live on an island where at risk paranormals are sent so they don't accidentally let the human world know about theirs.

Arkadia lives in a halfway house with other young paras who are just trying to live their lives without trouble. But their den mothers are always horrible so they've gone through allot of them until one comes along who might just be what they all needed.

As the date for her birthday comes closer Arkadia is freaking out about her magic and on top of that something crazy keeps happening when the new hockey player is in the same room as her. On top of all that... is a murder, and everyone suspects her. But hey it's all in the life of a teen witch...right?

This is her journey into finding herself and her confidence before it's too late.

At the beginning I thought Arkadia was a snobby miss priss pain in the butt, but as the story continues you see her growth as she learns and understands more about herself. Interesting paranormal read and a good start to a new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment