Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

The Invisibles by Michelle Lynn





DON'T LET GO (The 
Invisibles #1)

Synopsis:

Sadie Miller is attempting to change her ways and hide somewhere no one knows her former self. She only wants to finish her final year of college, obtain her degree, and get out from the hold of her affluent parents. Then she meets Brady Carsen, the lead singer of The Invisibles, a popular local band in the college town. She tries to stay away but quickly realizes that, although he might not be what she’s used to, he’s exactly what she needs and more importantly, everything she could possibly want.

Unfortunately, Sadie’s troubled past left her with insecurities that make her question Brady’s true intentions. And while Brady is convinced that Sadie is the one for him, he has his own secrets that he fears will be their undoing. If they want to be together, they will have to stand united and fight the outside influences that are threatening to tear them apart. Can they put their pasts behind them for good in order to secure their future?



Excerpt from Don’t Let Go

“So you knew I wasn’t drunk?” I ask him and he grins.

“Yeah, I knew you were sober. I didn’t knock you down though. That was just luck on my part,” he chuckles. “Then you were there by my side, and I had to go up on stage to play. There has never been a time that I didn’t want to perform more than that night. I told the guys we were going to cut it short. When I finished the second song, I saw you had left and it was all I could do to finish the set. I was so pissed at myself for allowing you out of my sight again.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I ask him.

“I need you to trust me.” He grabs my hand, placing it in his lap. “I can’t tell you where I was Friday night, at least not yet. But believe me Sadie, I wasn’t with anyone else. You’re the only girl who consumes my thoughts, my dreams, and my mind. Please trust me when I say there is no one else,” his voice is desperate, saturating his soft brown eyes.

A big part of me believes him. My thoughts go to Jessa and how she now trusts guys again after what her ex-boyfriend did to her. I need to move on with my life; it’s been over a year and I still harbor all of the hurt and remorse. If I don’t start living my life, it is going to pass me by. Brady’s right, I never gave him a fair shot.

“I believe you,” I whisper, still unsure of my decision to give this a chance.
“Thank you, Sadie.” He releases the deepest breath in relief. “Now I have one more favor.” He peers over at me, continuing to hold my hand.

“What, Carsen?”

“Go on a date with me. A real date, just you and me from beginning to end,” he asks, squeezing my hand.

I close my eyes, willing myself to allow me to have this. Give myself the possibility to have happiness and accept the consequences. “Yes,” I answer him.

He picks up my hand and spreads it open, kissing my palm to his lips, and I wish he would continue that kiss up my arm.

“I’ll pick you up tonight at six,” he instructs.

“Tonight? It’s Monday,” I counter.

“I’m not waiting a whole week, Sadie.” He shakes his head and releases my hand, placing the sketchbook back in his bag.

“Alright,” I agree.

“Let’s go, I’ll walk you back to the dorm.” He holds his hand out to help me up and then keeps it firmly in his for the entire walk.

“I have a question.” I look over to him.

“What?”

“How did you know where I lived?”

“Hey, I’ve got to keep some secrets to myself.” He smirks over to me, squeezing my hand again.

“You aren’t some stalker guy who is going to murder me tonight, are you?” I question seriously.

“I promise you, I’m not a stalker and I’m not going to murder you. Kidnap maybe, but not murder,” he laughs.








LET ME IN (The Invisibles #2)

Synopsis:

**This is a STANDALONE! You do not need to read book 1 in order to enjoy LET ME IN ***

Grant is damaged, selfish, and undeserving of love…or so he thinks.

Jessa is happy, in love, and has overcome her past…or so she thinks.

Grant and Jessa can’t stop thinking about one another since being introduced at a party a month ago. And despite their differences, they can’t seem to stay away from each other either. However, both are hiding secrets of less-than-perfect pasts, fearing what will happen when those mistakes come to light. As they grow closer, they each battle their own insecurities, and neither believes that they are worthy of the kind of love that they both still want. So if it’s true that opposites attract, what happens when the similarities begin to surface?


Let Me In Excerpt

I shut the door after waving goodbye to Grant and a rush of unexpected sadness smacks me. Ever since Sadie persuaded me to move out of the dorms and into Brady’s house with them, I’ve seen Grant every day. Although his jeans and university sweatshirt apparel isn’t normally my preference anymore, I can’t help but notice the way his shirt usually tightens around his biceps. And I really couldn’t help but notice the way his shirt would rise up when he was painting, exposing a six pack that I assume he works for on a daily basis. I also haven’t missed the way his honey-colored hair sticks up in different directions every time he runs his fingers through it when he seems tired or annoyed. It’s only been two short weeks since I first met Grant, but I’m not blind to our connection with each other. I keep reminding myself though that guys like him don’t go for girls like me. Not to mention, I have Rob.
Rob treats me well, better than anyone else ever has. I might not like the way he checks out other girls when they walk by, or the way he usually walks through doors in front of me, but he’s nicer than Jason and we are definitely attracted to one another.

“What are you doing?” Sam asks. Now here’s the girl for Grant. My sister’s long chestnut hair is curled in little corkscrews with a few strands pinned back, while the rest flows down her back. The skirt she’s wearing, which looks like she ironed it this morning, is paired with a cute matching sweater. She and Grant would make the most adorable little preppy babies together.

“Nothing … why?” I ask her.

“You’ve been leaning against that front door for the past five minutes,” she laughs, and I quickly remove my hand that still rests on the doorknob.

“Just thinking,” I answer, starting to walk back into the room.

“Not about Rob,” she states and raises her eyebrows in question.

Although she’s mostly correct, I decide to take the defensive, “Shut the fuck up, Sam.” I walk into the family room, ignoring her.

“It’s okay, Jessa. I know you like him,” she calls out to me, but I continue my way through the family room and into the kitchen. I grab a beer out of the fridge and chug half of it before sitting down at the table. I know I shouldn’t be so mean to Sam; she’s my sister and knows me better than anyone. Not to mention, she stood by my side during that horrible time. 
She’s knows the depression and the hurt I suffered after that asshole destroyed my life. I’ll never forget the night she was my guardian angel. Without her … who knows where I’d be. A hospital, a prison, or not on this earth at all.

Most of all, I know she’s right. I do like Grant, but to what degree, I have no idea. I’m not about to blow what I have with Rob, only to find out that Grant has no interest. I chuckle to myself, thinking about him bringing me to one of those Greek formals.










LET ME LOVE (The Invisibles #3)

Synopsis:

A chance encounter. An undeniable connection. An unimaginable twist of fate.

Kailey’s life is crumbling. Her best friend and sister, Jen, is dying, leaving her young family devastated. With little hope of saving her, Kailey is forced to face a reality she never expected.

Trey’s life is fun and carefree. He loves the girls, his drums, and his friends. That’s not to say he isn’t continuously plagued by a difficult decision made years ago—one that changed the course of his life.

Despite the connection they make when their paths unexpectedly cross, Kailey knows her life has no room for anyone else right now. But regardless of how many times she pushes him away, Trey only fights harder to make a place for him in her life and in her heart.

Trey thought he knew heartbreak, but he had no idea until life gave him a second chance, only to snatch it away just as fast. This time he’s determined to keep his place in the life of the ones he loves.

Is there such a thing as fate? If so, can Kailey and Trey hold on to one another long enough to discover there’s no such thing as a chance encounter?



Let Me Love Excerpt

“Trey, thank you for coming, but you can leave now,” I say coldly with no emotion.  He can’t be tied down with me, he needs to go and live a life I can no longer be a part of. 

“No, Kailey, I’m not leaving.” He stands firm, planting his feet. Uncontrollable anger starts brewing in my veins.  I’m mad he won’t listen to me and just disappear. Can’t he see it’s the best for him to forget us?

My hand rests on the lock; ready to twist it open when he steps forward. He turns me around to face him and cages me between his arms against the door. “Trey,” I argue, but he presses his lips to mine and an immediate raging desire seeps into my every pore. As much as my body screams to him, anger still lingers that he’s forcing me to be callous and cruel.

He places his hands on either side of my face, continuing to kiss me as though he’s starving for only my mouth. Instinctively, the irrational, live life in the moment Kailey that he easily pries out of me appears. Something only my sister and her family could accomplish until he came into my life. “Please,” he whispers, and my body starts to sway in his strong hold, as he travels his lips over to my earlobe and down my throat.

“Stop it, Trey, leave me alone,” I cruelly spout, placing my hands on his chest, trying to push him back, but he only grips tighter.

“You know you don’t want me to.” He trusts his keen instincts because they’re usually always right when it comes to me.

Trying to close myself off, I press my lips together when his graze across mine again before his tongue requests permission.  But in the end, I’m not willing to deny myself, I open, allowing his familiar tongue to roam around my mouth and mingle with mine.  The kiss feels safe and warm, like home.  Ever since that fateful plane ride, I’ve felt as if Trey was a part of me.  Recalling our first kiss; it was nothing like this.  God! He ignited my whole body the first time his mouth pressed against mine.  In those three minutes, he ruined me.  No man would ever compare.  But this, this is what I crave at night when I lay in bed all alone. It’s the familiarity of the one man who knows my lips, my tongue, and my body. My need of one man who continues to enjoy exploring every curve and nuance over and over again, as if he has discovered his own wonderland. When my thoughts unscramble, my lips and tongue are moving carelessly without retention of the real issue.

“Stop it, Trey.” This time, I use all my force to push him back. I’m torn if I’m happy, mad, or just sad. Sheer dejection fills his eyes, and suddenly remorse hits me.  “We just can’t,” I softly say, shaking my head back and forth.

“Yes, we can,” he says, stepping forward, but I shake my head violently again. “What the hell, Kailey? All I want to do is love you,” his voice starts escalating, and I need to flee the room.  His presence alone makes me jittery and uncontrolled. The sooner I leave, the sooner I can get myself stable again, back into my sealed bubble.

“I told you already, Trey.” I bite my lip, not wanting to lie again, but I will, if I have to.

“Don’t tell me that bullshit again.  You and I both know it isn’t true.” He steps closer to me, and my weakness begins getting the best of me.

“Please, I need to get back out there,” I tell him, but he approaches again, pulling me to him similar to a child with their security blanket.  I succumb to the haven of his embrace, mindlessly relishing the warmness of home.

“Kailey, it’s taking everything in me not to keep you right here, up against this door, until you admit you love me. I’ll let you leave this room, but don’t say you don’t love me again.  I know you do, and no matter how hard you try to push me aside, I’m not leaving.” He releases me after his rant, and I unlock the door, fleeing the room.








AUTHOR BIO:
Michelle moved around the Midwest most of her life, transferring from school to school before settling down in the outskirts of Chicago ten years ago, where she now resides with her husband and two kids.  She developed a love of reading at a young age, which helped lay the foundation for her passion to write.   With the encouragement of her family, she finally sat down and wrote one of the many stories that have been floating around in her head. 

When she isn’t reading or writing, she can be found playing with her kids, talking to her mom on the phone, or hanging out with her family and friends.  But after chasing around twin preschoolers all day, she always cherishes her relaxation time after putting the kids to bed.



AUTHOR LINKS:


Twitter: @michellelynnbks






DON’T LET GO


LET ME IN
Amazon US - http://amzn.to/HbuoSl



LET ME LOVE
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1psR9DD


BOOK BLAST HOSTED BY:







No comments:

Post a Comment