Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Objective by K. Larsen







 
My story started out cliche, good girl falls for bad boy, but one wrong move changed all that. Turns out the good girl doesn’t save the bad boy. My story goes from cliche to risque to mind blowing. My story is different from all the others because the events of my story led me to one thing...my objective.

Remembering him comes in dreams and flashbacks that I can't control. I tell myself it’s time to let go...but moving on from him is impossible when I still see our lives in my head.

When you kill your soul mate you don’t ever really recover.
A year of trying to forget or rather move past it has taught me that you can't. Its an impossibility to move on from that kind of horrific form of betrayal. If you you’re too selfish or scared for suicide, like me, you learn to wake up every morning and follow routine. One foot in front of the other, day after day.

Hollow. Lifeless. Haunted. Loving him was like the sun on a summer day. Living without him is like slowly burning to death. Torture.

A Bloodlines Novel.
*Note Tug of War is the 1st in the Bloodlines books, each book can be read as a stand alone book.*

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19366566-objective



 
There are exactly five people in this town that know me, or of me. My neighbor Bentley, the bouncer where I work, Brock, the pimply faced kid who works the late shift at the liquor store, the chick at the Knight’s Super Foods who always seems to be working when I go in and Penny, the manager at the club who hired me. It’s just enough people to be safe and few enough to avoid drawing any attention to myself. I’m not a hermit. I just don’t like people all that much anymore. I suppose if shown a picture in a line-up some of the gym junkies where I box with Brock would be able to say ‘yeah, I’ve seen her’ but I doubt they’d remember my name. I like my quiet life. No distractions. It allows me to keep my eyes open and to stay alert and watch for the real danger. It’s not easy being paranoid and afraid all the time. Somewhere over the last year I went from feeling non-stop sorrow and bone-crushing guilt to rage. Pure hate. It fills me. It drives me now. I train because of it. I stay alert because of it. And I will achieve my objective because of it. Ezra will come for me. I realize he is the only thing keeping my hurt around. It was his fault. It still is and yet, I’m the one paying. I gave up my life, my love, my soul. Ezra has to pay and I am determined to make it happen, on my terms. I just have to stay alive long enough to kill him first. I have to do this. He ruined my life. I have nothing. I am nothing. I want it done as soon as possible. I’ve bided my time for so long now. Then I will forget. I will begin my life and I will forget that I ever knew him.

 









K Larsen Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/K.LarsenAuthor
K Larsen Twitter: https://twitter.com/klarsen_author

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One event caused her to run, from everything and everyone she ever knew and loved. One year later and she's barely starting to live again, but in an instant everything she thought she knew changes. This story shows the events that led Mags to where she is now and the people behind why she is there.

Mags is a very strong alpha female transformed by circumstances from who she used to be. She might not be surviving perfectly the way people would expect but she's doing the best she can all things considered. Living in a no name town working as a waitress surviving day by day. Living on booze and wallowing in silence each day she remembers the good times with Cain and the horror that brought her to the now.

As you read and get into the story you feel her pain and loneliness and are right there with her in her memories. I loved the way you were involved in the story and how you see Mags' progression from happy to sad and trying to be happy again. Great read can't wait to see more of the Bloodlines series.

1 comment:

  1. this sounds really good! added to my "Too Read" on Goodreads. Thank you

    ReplyDelete